During his most recent term as your SRJC Trustee, Rick has led efforts to strengthen the college through several important initiatives, including:
- Hiring Dr. Frank Chong as the new President of SRJC.
- Securing awards and grants to help students and teachers from programs such as the Gateway to College Career Technical Education (CTE), Career Pathways Trust, International Students CTE, College to Career, and Pathways for Foster Youth, among many others.
- Developing a 100th Anniversary Plan.
- Supporting Measure H in the 2014 election, a school facilities improvement bond that passed with 63% of the vote.
- Advancing the Sustainable SRJC Plan, a “green print” for achieving 18 sustainability objectives by 2018.
- Continuing efforts to redistrict SRJC Trustee Areas 3,4,5.
- Overseeing efforts to begin the first major Measure H project, the Burbank Auditorium remodel (construction is to begin early next year).
Some of the many other accomplishments Rick has overseen or taken the lead on during his service as our SRJC Trustee includes efforts that:
- Approved the opening and expansion of the SRJC Petaluma Campus to enhance educational opportunities and class offerings for students.
- Oversaw the construction of numerous new school facilities, including the Robert A. Call Child Development Center, William B. Race Health Sciences Building, the Pedroncelli Center, Lucius L. Button Building, Frank P. Doyle Library, Zumwalt Parking Garage, B. Robert Burdo Culinary Center and Lawrence A. Bertolini Student Center, amongst others.
- Supported the renovation of athletic fields, including Bailey Field, Sypher Field, the Quinn Swim Center, and Tauzer Gymnasium.
- Supported the expansion or conversion of facilities such as Baker Hall and the old Plover Library to better meet the needs of students.
- Led efforts to open SRJC’s Southwest Santa Rosa Center to provide additional educational services to underserved neighborhoods.